- Efficient setup due to relocation of the Ethernet interface to the central control unit
- High precision and reproducibility for automated gas processes in industrial applications
- Easy exchange of devices due to storage of parameters on the integrated micro SIM card
- Convenient configuration and parametrisation via proprietary Communicator software
- Easy application-specific add-on programming via User- f(x) software platform
“Who’s to say that mass flow controllers can communicate in real-time only with an individual Ethernet interface?”
While in the past every sensor / actuator module (MFC, MFM) in mass flow control and measurement contained its own interface for the field bus connection, this task is performed in the 874x series by a separate system control unit (SCU). Single devices are connected by means of the proprietary Bürkert system bus (büS) to the SCU, which acts as the only participant in the Ethernet network. This concept not only reduces the network participants, but also significantly optimizes the implementation and handling of the systems, due to the efficient, CANopen-based büS architecture.
EDIP – Efficient Device Integration Platform – is the electronic platform for the new Bürkert product generation with a common user interface and digital communication, which facilitates not only handling of the devices, but also integration in a system.