BENEFITS FOR YOU
- Digital connection to all established industrial standards for Industrial Ethernet and fieldbus possible
- Easy integration of other field devices without a fieldbus interface (e.g. analog sensors, valves, switches etc.) in existing networks using I/O modules
- Customer-specific automation of sub-systems while relieving the load on the central process controller using graphical programming f(x)
- Easy configuration and parametrization of all devices in the network using the software tool Communicator
- Adaptation of devices to individual customer requirements is possible thanks to the modular design of EDIP, which also leads to short delivery times
An important part of EDIP is the Communicator. This MS Windows based software toolis made available to you at no cahrge. It also allows you to parameterise devices that are not equipped with their own display.
Befefits for you:
• Digital interface allows access and detailed device diagnosis
• Modular design to adapt to individual process requirements
• Storage medium can be exchanged for fast and easy transfer of parameters during maintenance
Benefits for you
• Fast and reliable addition of new analysis functions
• Extensive options for connection to higher level controllers
• Configuration and parametrisation either via 7” touchscreen or the “Communicator” software tool.
EDIP unifies and standardizes hardware, software and communication of Bürkert products. The modular design of the platform allows the adaptation of devices according to individual customer requirements enabling short delivery time. In addition, the customer benefits from a common interface across all products, which guarantees a comfortable operation and display concept, faster and simplified commissioning and easy transfer and backup of device settings.
The most recent developments with IT services, fieldbus systems and distributed control systems are changing process automation fundamentally. Bürkert’s response to this is the device platform EDIP. The “Efficient Device Integration Platform” provides the foundation for intelligent networking of the latest Bürkert products.
1. User interfaces
Intuitive and modular user interfaces (touchscreens, menus, device drivers, etc.) standardize the operation of all Bürkert EDIP devices.
2. CANopen communication standard
Communication between the EDIP devices takes place via an interface based on the industry standard CANopen. This digital interface is nothing other than CANopen with additional features.
3. Integrated adaptability
The integration of EDIP modules in plants based on other industry standards, such as PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus etc. is made possible by a modular concept.
4. Communicator – the universal tool
The Communicator is the software for the parametrization, configuration and service of process devices. It also features monitoring and diagnostic capabilities.
5. Decentralized intelligence in the field
The idea of EDIP is to equip sensors and actuators in the field with their own intelligence. Since autumn 2016 the Communicator will be expanded to include a graphical programming tool for the decentralized control of sub-systems.