BENEFITS FOR YOU
- Standardised interfaces for easy device integration
- Graphical programming for individual process operations
- ONE tool for commissioning, diagnosis and servicing
- Reduced parametrisation for fast and easy start-up
- Individual and flexible for short delivery times
- Intuitive user-interface for easy and convenient operation
The Bürkert Communicator is the most important software component of the 'Efficient Device Integration Platform' (EDIP)
Benefits for you:
• Configuration, parameterisation and diagnosis of EDIP devices / networks
• Easy and comfortable mapping of cyclic values
• Graphical display of process values
• Firmware updates for devices
• Backup and restoring of device configurations
Benefits for you:
• No parts in the measurement tube
• Conform to hygienic requirements
• Ideal for low conductivity or non conductive liquids
• Digital communication
• Compact, low weight and energy-efficient
Benefits for you
• For analysis applications for drinking water and fresh water in industrial processes
• minimum sample water demand
• Modular sensor and electronic system: - up to 6 measurements in one housing - up to 30 analysis Sensor cubes in one büS system
• Prepared for fielbus connectivity, remote operation and remote maintenance
• MEMS technologies allows minimal footprint and minimum sample water demand
Benefits for you:
• Fieldbus coupler for Industrial Ethernet and Fieldbus standards
• Up to 64 input and 64 output variables can be assigned
• Easy integration in the process control system ensured through system specific device description files
• Optional: Expandable with I/O modules
• Optional: Graphical programming for automation of sub-systems
EDIP unifies and standardizes hardware, software and communication of Bürkert products. The modular design of the platform allows the adaptation of devices according to individual customer requirements enabling short delivery time. In addition, the customer benefits from a common interface across all products, which guarantees a comfortable operation and display concept, faster and simplified commissioning and easy transfer and backup of device settings.
The most recent developments with IT services, fieldbus systems and distributed control systems are changing process automation fundamentally. Bürkert’s response to this is the device platform EDIP. The “Efficient Device Integration Platform” provides the foundation for intelligent networking of the latest Bürkert products.
1. User interfaces
Intuitive and modular user interfaces (touchscreens, menus, device drivers, etc.) standardize the operation of all Bürkert EDIP devices.
2. CANopen communication standard
Communication between the EDIP devices takes place via an interface based on the industry standard CANopen. This digital interface is nothing other than CANopen with additional features.
3. Integrated adaptability
The integration of EDIP modules in plants based on other industry standards, such as PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus etc. is made possible by a modular concept.
4. Communicator – the universal tool
The Communicator is the software for the parametrization, configuration and service of process devices. It also features monitoring and diagnostic capabilities.
5. Decentralized intelligence in the field
The idea of EDIP is to equip sensors and actuators in the field with their own intelligence. Since autumn 2016 the Communicator will be expanded to include a graphical programming tool for the decentralized control of sub-systems.